We are looking for committed students who would like to support us independently in a wide variety of research projects. The focus is on simulation tasks, as they are also carried out in industry. For a HIWI job, you be interrested in communications engineering. Obviously, previous knowledge is helpful but not absolutely necessary. Even if you are still in your bachelor's degree, you are welcome to drop by and we can talk about possible HIWI jobs over a coffee, tea or cold drink. If you want to find out about possible topics in advance, you can read the page about our different research areas.
The possible range of tasks includes:
- Implementing simulations
- Interpretation and evaluation of simulations (with advanced knowledge)
- Literature research
- Preparation of lecture materials
- Supervision of the laboratories as well as tutoring activities
- Building demonstrators
It is especially important to us that you can develop yourself further in your HIWI job and, for example, learn or expand the following skills:
- Programming with Python, MATLAB, C++, Rust, ...
- Version control with GIT
- Apply and deepen theoretical knowledge from lectures
- Familiarization with new research areas
In order to find a suitable position for you, we need short information about
- Your interests and preferences (theory, practice, simulation, slides...),
- the lectures you have attended so far (current transcript of records).
What we offer:
- Active institute life
- Flexible and mobile working
- Your own laptop
- Excellent supervision
- Current and exciting research questions
- Exchange of ideas at lunch with PhD students and professors
- Possibility to get to know the CEL
What we expect:
- Motivation to learn and deepen programming skills
- Interest in communications engineering
- Ability to work independently
If you are interested, please contact Holger Jäkel or the PhD student working on the topic.